Sciensano's legal mandate is to recognize, on behalf of the Minister, the laboratories for clinical biology and the laboratories for anatomopathology. The conditions, modalities and forms to be recognized as a laboratory can be found on the website of the Sciensano Laboratory Quality Service.
Compulsory health insurance reimburses the examinations carried out by a laboratory for clinical biology, anatomopathology or genetics that are included in the nomenclature of medical supplies, provided that these examinations are carried out in recognized laboratories and by qualified healthcare providers.
Only two types of messages towards the COVID-19 Laboratory Test Results Database are relevant for laboratory staff:
Point of attention: the "CoronaTestPrescriptionCode" , the "TelephoneNumberMobilePat", "TelephoneNumberLLPat " are new fields in the message LaboratoryTestResult and address the requirements for contact tracing in the case a person receives a code (the CoronaTestPrescriptionCode) via SMS and is requested to visit a laboratory directly for sampling and testing. In that situation, no LaboratoryTestPrescription needs to completed by the laboratory staff. This process thus replaces the process as described in the recent circular letter of the Federal Public Service Public Health.More information about the procedure and the CoronaTestPrescriptionCode can be found here (NL / FR ).
All results (“Detected”, “Not detected”, “Inconclusive”) of laboratory tests for COVID-19 performed in Belgian intramural and extra mural laboratories should be reported to the central COVID-19 Laboratory Test Result Database.
C. Software solutions
- Amaron kan voor intramurale laboratoria zijn EAI inschakelen om bv HL7-ORU berichten om te zetten naar het gewenste Sciensano-bestand (met LOINC mapping indien code beschikbaar) en ook een koppeling maken die mappings van bepaalde velden naar SNOMED-CT toepast en het bericht in het juiste formaat zet en klaarzet voor verzending (of zelf verzenden, TBD per labo). Contact = Frederik Lenaerts email@example.com +32 495 46 57 73
- Cegeka Corlabs: intramural laboratories are advised to contact the IT department of their hospital. Extramural laboratories can contact Cegeka for advice.
- MIPS informed their clients about the possibilities to extract the necessary statistics from the GLIMS application to create the LaboratoryTestResult message. Monday 4.05.2020, additional information will be available for their clients in the helpdesk portal.
- Moonchase lab-online: u Moonchase can provide a Lab Online plug-in allowing extraction of Covid-19 test results from the database and uploading them to Sciensano in the required format.
- Molis: update will follow
- MyBox: HealthConnect provides laboratories with software to manage their eHealthBox: Unified Messaging Module. The application has a graphical interface (MyBox) that allows users within the organization to receive and send messages, as well as create, send & receive structured eForms forms (such as the COVID forms). NL / FR.
- Nexuzhealth nv will provide the COVID-19 LaboratoryTestResult form both LIS UZ Leuven or (secundary) from Nexuzhealth HLI lab result server (if not possible from local LIMS of customer).